Thursday, March 31, 2016

Importance of Trees and Trichy's Heat

Trichy's Summer is very famous at least in Tamil Nadu. Easily the temperature in Summer reaches 40 degree Celsius.  So,today when I was riding my bike. I noticed a couple of thing that make me realize how the global warming is affecting humans.  When I was riding the bike its like I am in middle of some solar storm that my skin is feeling baked from sun's heat. during such a hot ride suddenly I feel a cool breeze touching my skin. I was like where the heck this breeze is from in middle of such a hot weather around me and I noticed the either side of the road is surrounded with crop fields. Which produced such cool breeze in a 40 degree heat. Immediately after crossing the fields again the solar storm is back and started baking me. after a little more ride again a cool breeze this time its bush and some trees in either part of the roads. So, that moment I realized the problem is not with summer but with the lack of trees . So, this time I entered the city area and the solar storm is now a super solar storm literally, it is because of the emissions from vehicles and other pollutants. remember this time it doesn't just hurt your skin outside but it started damage you from Inside too. Smog from these emissions are linked to a variety of respiratory and cardiovascular symptoms and illnesses. A number of studies have shown that pollutant exposures near major roadways are greater than for other areas in cities. Other studies have linked this increased exposure to an increased prevalence of a wide variety of illnesses including asthma, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, pneumonia and heart disease.
Apart from this one funny observation during the ride was surprising I see all the people waiting properly in bus stop for bus and people in shops are perfectly standing indie the shops it was like so much different city than the usual. then  I realized its all because of summer heat that they are afraid of and standing properly in the shelters. So the question raised in me was where from the breeze came and what really tress contribute to our atmosphere. So, here are some benefits of having a tree.

  • Trees absorb CO2, removing and storing the carbon while releasing the oxygen back into the air. In one year, an acre of mature trees absorbs the amount of CO2 produced when you drive your car 26,000 miles.
  • Trees absorb odors and pollutant gases (nitrogen oxides, ammonia, sulfur dioxide and ozone) and filter particulates out of the air by trapping them on their leaves and bark.
  • In one year an acre of mature trees can provide enough oxygen for 18 people.
  • Skin cancer is the most common form of cancer. Trees reduce UV-B exposure by about 50 percent, thus providing protection.

The more trees we grow the more time we have to live in planet Earth! Think before cutting down every trees. Its simple We die when trees dies.

I'm a Polymath my learning activities spans over different subject areas and I blog somthing about everthing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Top Ad unit 728 × 90

Food

For Consulting about Data Analysis, LaTeX, Word formatting Hire me

Contact Us
A.Sulthan
@sulthankhan
India